typicalgirls - Re: [TypicalGirls] the loss of a legend

typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)

  • From: WWWhatsup <joly AT dti.net>
  • To: "Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)" <typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [TypicalGirls] the loss of a legend
  • Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2010 14:29:18 -0400

My word that's a long thread I just chopped off this reply! Digest readers must be having fits!

Just to help you get your mind straight Lisa, for the shows you booked (to my knowledge)

The original Brownies show, from which the 'Experimentation' quote was taken, was  Sep 14 2000. http://punkcast.com/22/ (every song!)

The shoes pic was from the Brownies show with Kid Congo on Mar 2 2001.
http://punkcast.com/41/

She played Brownies again on Aug 14 2001 (punkcast#84 - unprocessed)

The 'Bridge' party was at Starfoods on May 3 2003 (punkcast#269 - unprocessed)

At the latter, IIRC, she had no band but just used backing tracks - I remember being concerned about her safety as she performed standing on a little round cafe table.. I also remember Alison & Jamie from The Kills being in the crowd.

Ari was certainly keen on encouraging everyone possible to join in on Slits songs, and women in music generally. If there's one effort she'd surely support it's http://www.girlsrockcamp.org