typicalgirls - [TypicalGirls] Slits / Prefects review

typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)

  • From: Joly MacFie <joly AT punkcast.com>
  • To: punk77 AT yahoogroups.com, "Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)" <typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [TypicalGirls] Slits / Prefects review
  • Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2010 01:26:29 -0400

http://martin-millar.blogspot.com/2010/08/august-25th-on-this-day-in-1977.html

Something I remember about this gig was that after the Slits finished playing, they did an encore and the Prefects came back to join them onstage. The played Louie Louie together, which was unusual. Louie Louie wasn't a song original punk bands played by any means, in fact it would have been seen as rather old-fashioned. But anyway both bands combined for some sort of cacophonous version of it, and it was great. I remember Ari Up, the Slits singer, riding piggy back on the shoulders of the Prefects singer.
Joly MacFie  218 565 9365 Skype:punkcast
WWWhatsup NYC - http://wwwhatsup.com
  Secretary - ISOC-NY - http://isoc-ny.org

  • [TypicalGirls] Slits / Prefects review, Joly MacFie, 08/16/2010