typicalgirls - Re: [TypicalGirls] Dolly Mixture Newsletter #3

typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)

  • From: John Caples <jcaples AT gmail.com>
  • To: typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [TypicalGirls] Dolly Mixture Newsletter #3
  • Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2010 15:24:03 -0400

Just listening to my copy now, Tobi.  The original CD was mastered from the vinyl version, and this is from 3rd generation cassettes if I have the booklet information straight?  There's differences from song to song due to whatever quality the individual songs were recorded at, it all sounds a bit muddy and boomy to me, but the high ends and vox are quite respectable.  Wish there was more noticeable separation of the instruments, but I'm well pleased.  Booklet is fantastic, design is minimal but I like that too.

Anyone have the vinyl and the box set to compare? ;)