typicalgirls - [TypicalGirls] Best DIY punk albums

typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)

  • From: Sylvain <fuzzymental AT hotmail.com>
  • To: <typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [TypicalGirls] Best DIY punk albums
  • Date: Tue, 27 May 2008 14:40:40 +0200

hello,

I just joined the group, that I discovered when looking for infos thru google
with the words "The Nixe" and "Dolly Mixture".. and I'm happy that I've have
found you !

To sum up things, I was trying to find some informations on the net about
some bands that would sound closed in sound and mood to a few of my favourite
ones: (early) Dolly Mixture, Bratmobile, Kleenex/Lilliput... (as well as the
great Nixe, that I've just discovered today).

In a few words, I was looking for a list of bands whom sound would fit
between the DIY rriot punk of Bratmobile and the DIY punky pop of Dolly
Mixture, with at least 1 album (original or retrospective) released. Once
again, the DIY is one of the criteria, polished or too much produced punk
music should not be included in the list. And all 60s revival bands such as
The Broods, Pandoras, Headcoatees and such have also to be ommited.

I would be really glad if you could all contribute to that kind of best of
female DIY punk albums... I can't wait to make great discoveries thanx to you
!

cheers,

sylvain / switzerland

  • [TypicalGirls] Best DIY punk albums, Sylvain, 05/27/2008