typicalgirls - Re: [TypicalGirls] New Bloods

typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)

  • From: dpbailey AT att.net
  • To: "Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)" <typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [TypicalGirls] New Bloods
  • Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2008 19:32:50 +0000

*sigh* Y'know, that's really one of my pet peeves -- people who live in some hotbed or other (usually on one of the coasts, of course) where breaking acts & established bands are almost literally spoonfed to them 24/7/365 as long as they're willing to travel a mile or two (if that) across town for a show.

And if *one* band in 100 fails to play the club across the street ... how utterly horrible.

From my admittedly warped perspective, it's sort of like the owner of the new Mercedes complaining the ashtray doesn't pull out with sufficient smoothness, or something.

Dan, disgruntled in Alabama <---- hasn't been to a show of any kind in something like 4 years.