typicalgirls - Re: [TypicalGirls] Riot Grrrl book

typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)

  • From: dpbailey AT att.net
  • To: "Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)" <typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [TypicalGirls] Riot Grrrl book
  • Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2007 21:10:30 +0000

You ... you mean "Kelsey Guntharp" isn't a Jewish name? Oy vey!

(Neither is Dan Bailey, of course, but my mother's father was a member of the tribe.)

Dan

-------------- Original message from "Kelsey Guntharp" <kbguntha AT hotmail.com>: --------------

> i hope no one takes offense to the anne frank reference. i apologize if so.
> i don't mean to take
> a holocaust victim lightly in the least. i was just looking for a point of
> reference with the personal becoming public.
>
> sorry, wrote this quickly too. at work.. oops. :)
>
> ~Kelsey
>
> >From: "Kelsey Guntharp"
> >To: typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org
> >Subject: Re: [TypicalGirls] Riot Grrrl book
> >Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2007 13:18:10 -0700
> >
> >I totally understand where you and Layla are co ming from. I think that
> >being there in the beginning of something that was blown up and out and
> >under lends an attachment that would definitely lead to a desire for
> >privacy and personal memories.
> >On the other hand I also feel like there is no use in fighting the
> >inevitable result of this technologically advanced uh, situation. All we
> >can really do is try and be now. show love. play music...
> >i think it's great that we have such a wide variety of "news" outlets
> >available to us. personal, published, music, writing, art... even medical.
> >it's amazing and inspiring. and maybe a bit scary on many levels... and
> >yes, it seems like maybe people are getting caught up in the ephemera. but
> >shit! this is the first time we can actually FIND some ephemera! and who
> >knows what great directions this might take future generations. Man, i know
& gt; >this is a por comparison, but Anne Frank's Diary was meant for HER eyes