typicalgirls - [TypicalGirls] Stupid, stupid, stupid Quechep....

typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)

  • From: unmannedmission AT gmail.com
  • To: typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [TypicalGirls] Stupid, stupid, stupid Quechep....
  • Date: Sun, 9 Sep 2007 16:39:17 -0400

So, as I wrote to Dina... a friend from work sent in my inbox an invitation asking to join Quechep. It's made out like it's personally written to you from your friend. I found out what was going on this morning... when my roommates cell phone was going off on my way out the door... with my name flashing on the front screen. I look to see what was causing this... and it's a text message asking him to join quechep. This thing is all over the place. So... I sent out a myspace message, text messages, and gmail messages to everyone warning them and telling them to ignore it. I wish the person I work with had offered the same courtesy to me before I got looped into the whole mess in the first place. SO... for all who had to endure... my condolences. For the record... I'm pretty savvy and don't fall for these things... so this one is made up to look super pro and slick... and definitely fooled me.
On a side note, one year later... thanks to this list... I love my Delta 5 cd as much as the first time I listened to it.

Thanks all.
justin