typicalgirls - [TypicalGirls] Sex Revolts

typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)

  • From: "Tim Murphy" <timmy.bear AT gmail.com>
  • To: typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [TypicalGirls] Sex Revolts
  • Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2007 13:54:26 -0400

I liked THE SEX REVOLTS, but it was guilty of some selectiveness in
its theses about the likes of, oh, Brian Eno (while there is a certain
amount of camp and androgyny at work with Eno's IMAGE, the personality
as set out in his diaries and even some of the lyrics is quite at odds
with that...by being very careful in what it cited, the book was a bit
guilty of painting a not particularly accurate picture of that
gent...).

In any case, I believe it was Joan Jett who said 'Fuck off' in
relation to a question as to whether guitars felt different under
female flesh. Well put, and perhaps definitive (or not).

  • [TypicalGirls] Sex Revolts, Tim Murphy, 06/20/2007