typicalgirls - [TypicalGirls] quality not quantity for the list

typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)

  • From: "Dina Hornreich" <dina.hornreich AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)" <typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [TypicalGirls] quality not quantity for the list
  • Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2007 08:46:12 -0600

Absolutely! My thoughts exactly. I wanted to open it up to the group for a variety of (previously stated) reasons. Consider it a brainstorming session.

But, in the end, the list needs to be TIGHT. And I'm going to have to start chopping. The power of the blurbs will be key.

Which reminds me...Yesterday, someone wrote to me with some comments about the blurbs that were important for me to consider:
"[Some blurbs] don't tell us anything about why these albums are must-haves, nothing about why the artists are important...It just drains the list of its authority and, frankly, makes it look a bit silly."

Thanks for reading...

-Dina