typicalgirls - Re: [TypicalGirls] UT

typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)

  • From: Daniel Selzer <danselzer AT yahoo.com>
  • To: "Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)" <typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [TypicalGirls] UT
  • Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2007 15:16:24 -0700 (PDT)

Griller and In Gut's House are probably less noisy,
maybe a bit more conventional, then some of the
earlier stuff, but not to say it isn't powerful. Just
a bit more refined. Kind of like comparing early 80s
Sonic Youth and The Swans to late 80s...they may be a
bit easier to listen to, but in that maturity there's
tons more power and intensity. Or something.

dan selzer