typicalgirls - Re: [TypicalGirls] Romeo Void

typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)

  • From: robin dunn <rdunnrn AT yahoo.com>
  • To: "Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)" <typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [TypicalGirls] Romeo Void
  • Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2007 08:43:18 -0700 (PDT)

--- Adrian Thierry <mrmittens AT earthlink.net> wrote:
> 'warm in your coat' is a greatest hits of sorts and
> highly
> recommended.

i'd second "warm in your coat" as the choice to
represent this band. "benefactor" is just a bit too
slick for my tastes, and of course does not offer a
real overview. i do recall that when "benefactor" was
being released, deborah said, "this is the album that
will put levelor blinds all through my apartment."

> when i was young
> and in love with music ' out of print' and import
> never slowed me
> down and this was in the pre computer dark ages when
> most of this
> stuff on this list was being made. it was not easy
> to get when it was
> in print actually.

that's a great point. records were so precious then
-- so hard to find, each one special. it was almost
like some kind of lotto, in terms of what you might
find (or never find). kids these days, as the saying
goes, have no idea how good they've got it. and at
the same time, they may never have the sort of joy i
did at those rare discoveries.

Be a better Heartthrob. Get better relationship answers from someone who
knows. Yahoo! Answers - Check it out.