typicalgirls - Re: [TypicalGirls] Documentary on Nightlife

typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)

  • From: "shan" <shan AT shanboogie.com>
  • To: <typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [TypicalGirls] Documentary on Nightlife
  • Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2007 08:45:47 -0700

Hello Merrill,

My name is Shan Nicholson, I got your email address from your post on
the"typical girls" news letter.

I am also a film maker who is working on a documentary on NYC's night life
during the late 70's early 80's .As a part of the story we are covering
places like Hurras and the Mudd clubb and the bands that played there.We are
also focusing on the art,hip hop and dance music scene as well.

Was wondering if we might be able to help each other out. I am currently in
the process of raising a budget for music and footage clearence and you might
have footage of a couple bands that we are planning on covering.On the other
hand,I have been working on this documentary for about 2 years now and along
the way I have acumillated a long list of contacts,some of these contacts
might be usefull to you.

Below is a link to a teaser we put together,check it out and let me know what
you think.We have been using the clip as a promotional tool to get people
interested in the project. By the way,did you put out that video compilation
"live at Hurras"?

Thanks for your time,

-Shan
______