typicalgirls - [TypicalGirls] Documentary on Nightlife

typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)

  • From: "MERRILL" <merrilll AT numericable.fr>
  • To: <typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [TypicalGirls] Documentary on Nightlife
  • Date: Sun, 3 Jun 2007 10:24:25 +0200

Dear TypicalGirls,
I have started a documentary on nightlife, from my perspective as the "first VJ" in NYC. I was the VJ at a club called HURRAH, and I videotaped all the bands who played there between 1980-81. My archives will be a backdrop. I also started a feature film project at that time about my life as a VJ to have starred Barbara Gogan, Judy Nylon, and a few other notable people, those screentests will also figure in the documentary. My reason to write to you now is that I would like to interview some of the musicians and artists I originally filmed when I was at Hurrah, to have some interesting perspectives of then and now. If there are any of you who are interested, please contact me through my website (http://artclips.free.fr/videojockey_memoirs.htm) which has some extracts of the original archives and also a complete list of the bands I filmed at Hurrah. I live in France, but I will be coming to NY with my camera in a couple weeks, so time is of the essence!
Yours truly, Merrill ALDIGHIERI