typicalgirls - Re: [TypicalGirls] heavenly, salem66, scrawl

typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)

  • From: Jason Gross <perfect AT furious.com>
  • To: typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [TypicalGirls] heavenly, salem66, scrawl
  • Date: Sun, 03 Jun 2007 21:27:55 -0500

Date: Sun, 3 Jun 2007 15:55:51 -0600
From: "Dina Hornreich" <dina.hornreich AT gmail.com>

I wanted to include all 3 loverly bands. Especially near and dear to me is
the Salem 66 1983-87 comp from Homestead called "Your Soul is Mine Fork It
Over."

However, it seems the timeframe aspect has been prohibitive of including
them all!

How about Shop Assistants? No wait, that was 1986!

That's a shame. Those are all great bands.

Also a shame that Dangerous Birds (boston band) only had one single out 'cause it's a great one ("Alpha Romeo"). Someone from the band (not Thalia) told me that there's an album's worth of demos lying around.

Perfect Sound Forever- online music magazine since 1993- now new and semi-improved!
<http://www.perfectsoundforever.com>
MySpace Page: <http://www.myspace.com/perfectsoundmagazine>
Crazed by the Music blog:
<http://www.popmatters.com/pm/blogs/crazedbythemusic/>