typicalgirls - Re: [TypicalGirls] The Picture of Lora Logic

typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)

  • From: Emily Arkin <viole_falushe AT yahoo.com>
  • To: typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [TypicalGirls] The Picture of Lora Logic
  • Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2007 15:14:38 -0800 (PST)

Beat me to it! I was just about to post a link to Howard
Hampton's blog.

Not to be overly promotional, but we just published
Hampton's book "Born in Flames" at my work and I'm in the
middle of reading it/enjoying it quite a bit. It's all over
the pop-culture map but has a ladies-of-post-punk thread
throughout: http://www.hup.harvard.edu/catalog/HAMBOR.html

And on the subject of publishing, someone here should
really pitch an album from the Typical Girls canon for the
the 33 1/3rd series:
http://33third.blogspot.com/2007/01/time-of-season.html
They've been tackling great albums, but not a single
Raincoats or Slits release among 'em...

Emily

http://emilyarkin.com

http://mobile.yahoo.com/mail