typicalgirls - Re: [TypicalGirls] CBGB's/Hurrah/Danceteria photos

typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)

  • From: "Hilary Jaeger" <jaema11 AT earthlink.net>
  • To: "Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)" <typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org>, <Typical AT address.invalid>
  • Subject: Re: [TypicalGirls] CBGB's/Hurrah/Danceteria photos
  • Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2006 00:22:47 -0500

Those photos are THE BEST!! I am floored by how good they are--and how spot
on they are in terms of the time period that I can relate to. So, in that
sense--I am especially thrilled to see them--so thanks, and thanks again.
Coupla hi-lites: photo of Jim Fouratt introducing X; Gang of Four at Oiving
Plaza--- Wire, PolyRock,
X-cessive (then in Nitecaps) at Trax, no less (forgot about Trax for a
mo')--and the Blessed--anyone out there remember the Blessed??? Delta 5,
XTC, Student Teachers, and how come I don't remember how freakin' cool Model
Citizens looked?? I could certainly go on----I'm gonna forward them to my
sister, as we were partners in crime during much of those days...
And, in addition, I am ecstatic to see a photo shot at Tier 3 (Bauhaus).
Many of the other bands played there--and I am naturally grateful to see any
record of that at all.

Good, good stuff.
-Hilary