typicalgirls - [TypicalGirls] off topic - come be in our documentary

typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)

  • From: "Tim Broun" <tbroun AT emusic.com>
  • To: <typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [TypicalGirls] off topic - come be in our documentary
  • Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2006 12:42:55 -0500

This is a bit off topic, but I wanted you guys to know about this, and possibly participate in #2 below:

I have two events coming up within the next couple of weeks, both at Nublu on Avenue C here in New York City that I would like to invite you to:

1. Friday, Nov. 24 - myself and Rich from Etherea Records (www.etherea.net) will be spinning just for fun - lots of electronic, post punk, no wave junk, dub and more. Starting approximately at 10:00PM. Free from 8:00-10:00, $5.00 thereafter.

2. Monday, December 4 - come join myself, and friends Emma & Kevin from the UK. Emma & Kevin are here shooting a documentary about independent record stores, record collectors & labels. They will be conducting interviews at Nublu this night with anyone who has something to say on the subject, as well as shooting the party & bands. Special guests include the Budos Band ( Daptone Records) and the Nublu Orchestra (Nublu Records), along with special guest DJ's. Free from 8:00-10:00, $5.00 thereafter.

Nublu is located deep in the heart of Loisaida at Avenue C (between 4th and 5th). Look for the tiny blue light. E-mail me with any questions or comments.

Thanks!

  • [TypicalGirls] off topic - come be in our documentary, Tim Broun, 11/20/2006