typicalgirls - [TypicalGirls] 4. Re: Rough Trade launch digital store (mike@appelstein.com)

typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)

  • From: "shirley.o'loughlin" <shirley.o'loughlin AT virgin.net>
  • To: <typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [TypicalGirls] 4. Re: Rough Trade launch digital store (mike AT appelstein.com)
  • Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2006 17:47:10 +0000

Title:   4. Re: Rough Trade launch digital store (mike AT appelstein.com)
Rough Trade Digital
I don’t know about other original RT artists but we have made all four albums by The Raincoats available via the digital store which launches next Tuesday 14th November.

The Rough Trade Digital Store is being managed by Pete Donne at the Rough Trade Shop, which has been separate from the Rough Trade Records label since 1982.

The early Rough Trade Records catalogue Mike refers to doesn’t actually exist as such any more as the original recording contracts were all for 3 to 5 years so it’s down to the artists to make their work available through channels such as this.
I’m sure Pete and Jude at the RT Shop would love to be able to make as much of this original material as possible available.

Shirley