typicalgirls - Re: [TypicalGirls] Slits shows

typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)

  • From: "Lani Smith" <LSmith AT minlib.net>
  • To: "Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)" <typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [TypicalGirls] Slits shows
  • Date: Wed, 01 Nov 2006 15:28:48 -0500

The NY shows sound like they're going to be great. Can't wait to hear
reports!!

An odd moment at the Boston show was when Ari asked the guitar player to do
something and she declined, without even looking at Ari. Ari persisted, in a
sort of "c'mon", fun-style cajoling way, and the guitarist wasn't even
acknowledging her or responding. Anyone know what that was all about??

Also, word was they weren't allowed into Canada, someone told me cause Ari
"had something on her". Is any of that true?

Aside from that everyone sounded great. Great instrumentalizations and
vocals. Ari really kept things rolling, in a loose kind of way, and Holly's
vocals really added strength and polish to the whole thing.
- Lani