typicalgirls - Re: [TypicalGirls] Cosmopolitans retrospective CD just released!

typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)

  • From: "Zone Fighter" <zonefighter AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Evan Davies" <evandavies AT yahoo.com>, "Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)" <typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [TypicalGirls] Cosmopolitans retrospective CD just released!
  • Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2006 12:27:26 -0400

Excellent! I just ordered a copy from CDUniverse. That single is one
of my "Desert Island Discs" can't wait to see the Uncle Floyd footage
and to hear the unreleased stuff.

My brother used to send me NYC radio tapes (after control of the
Syracuse University student radio station was taken away from the
students and I was left alt.culture-less) and I remember hearing How
To Keep Your Husband Happy on one of those for the first time and
wondering where I had heard those relationship tips before! My mom
heard me playing the single after I brought it back from one of my NYC
visits (I bought it at 99 MacDougal if I remember correctly) and put
she 2 and 2 together for me. She has that Debbie Drake LP! (I think I
swiped it from her for preservation purposes actually.)

Paul