typicalgirls - Re: [TypicalGirls] The Flowers

typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)

  • From: Daniel Selzer <danselzer AT yahoo.com>
  • To: "Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)" <typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [TypicalGirls] The Flowers
  • Date: Fri, 7 Apr 2006 09:21:30 -0700 (PDT)

--- Jason Gross <perfect AT furious.com> wrote:
> Actually, there were several DNA's. Other than the
> no-wave folks,
> there was also a band with Rick Derringer and the DJ
> crew who did
> "Tom's Diner" with Suzanne Vega.

I have to admit the classic house music dj inside me
holds DNA's Tom's Diner in as high-esteem as the
no-wave reissuing geek inside me hold's DNA's Blonde
Redhead.

And let's not forget the Gynaecologists...

a) Midwest KBD style american punk band
b) Rhys Chathams's no-wave ensemble with Nina Canal
from Ut.
c) Post Blitzkrieg Bop/Bascax UK art/poetry group with
1 fantastic single.

-dan selzer
http://www.acuterecords.com

that's right, the website is on the way, check it out
and sign up for updates.