typicalgirls - Re: [TypicalGirls] The Flowers

typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)

  • From: Jason Gross <perfect AT furious.com>
  • To: typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [TypicalGirls] The Flowers
  • Date: Fri, 07 Apr 2006 12:04:38 -0400

At 12:00 PM 4/7/2006 -0400, you wrote:
Message: 2
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2006 22:49:44 +0100
From: "dan palmer" <dan.palmer AT ntlworld.com>

> That's always so frustrating...there's an italian or
> dutch or something band (I know, I always get those
> mixed up) called Judy Nylon. Far as I can tell not
> much to do with the Judy Nylon who posted to this list
> once.

And what's with the DNA who released a 7" called Do The Shopping? Nothing to
do with our favourite No New Yorkers.

Actually, there were several DNA's. Other than the no-wave folks, there was also a band with Rick Derringer and the DJ crew who did "Tom's Diner" with Suzanne Vega. I'm sure there's others also. Maybe a "DNA" comp could be done some day... ;-)

Best,
Jason

Perfect Sound Forever- online music magazine since 1993- now new and semi-improved!
<http://www.perfectsoundforever.com>
Crazed by the Music blog: <http://blogs.popmatters.com/crazedbythemusic/>