typicalgirls - Re: [TypicalGirls] rough trade

typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)

  • From: Daniel Selzer <danselzer AT yahoo.com>
  • To: typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [TypicalGirls] rough trade
  • Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2006 09:27:59 -0800 (PST)

maria-

I think that only applies to what was happening at
that point much later on. My understanding of the
stuff Rough Trade released when they were more "co-op"
oriented is that the artists owned their own stuff. I
do know for a fact, that Rough Trade and/or Geoff
Travis do not own any of the late 70s/early 80s stuff,
that all that is owned by the artists...or in many
cases whatever company owns that artists material.

-dan selzer