typicalgirls - Re: [TypicalGirls] hello/raincoats video

typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)

  • From: Daniel Selzer <danselzer AT yahoo.com>
  • To: typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [TypicalGirls] hello/raincoats video
  • Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2005 12:52:52 -0700 (PDT)

oh man...the infamous South Bank Show! Someone (from
this list?) sent me a 12th generation vhs copy in the
days before DVD. It's so cool, it should be released
for real. Was this a (semi)produced bootleg thing or
just something someone transfered for personal viewing
pleasure? Anyone know where one would start getting
the rights to put an old BBC tv-show out on DVD? Brett
doesn't mention but the show also has priceless
footage of Robert Rental and the Normal opening up for
Essential Logic and Stiff Little Fingers, as well as
performances by all three.

I have a few other Raincoats clips, mostly later
stuff, mostly from the same person. One day I hope to
transfer all my cool old videos to my computer. One
day.

-dan

p.s. hey brett