typicalgirls - [TypicalGirls] Nightingales follow-up and my 2 cents

typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)

  • From: John Caples <jcaples AT gmail.com>
  • To: typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [TypicalGirls] Nightingales follow-up and my 2 cents
  • Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2005 19:15:16 -0500

Hopefully will be getting two mostly female bands to open if this
Nightingales show happens, maybe even three. So all the more reason
to support this show for people on the list.

As for male bands, or non-all female bands on the list, or obscure
postpunk: These bands all shared common goals, are from the same era,
and there's nothing wrong with tangents, folks. I love the Slits with
my body and soul, but can't read 20 postings on a hard to get new Ari
Up 7" and maintain interest all the way through. The tangents keep
this list from getting stale and painting ourselves into (musical,
cultural, intellectual, and political) corners.

Love and napalm,
Johnny

  • [TypicalGirls] Nightingales follow-up and my 2 cents, John Caples, 02/01/2005