typicalgirls - Re: [TypicalGirls] Online course

typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)

  • From: "Allan Metz" <ametz AT drury.edu>
  • To: <typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [TypicalGirls] Online course
  • Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2005 15:14:00 -0600

please do tell us about your course when it's online, allan...
Hi Lydia and all: Will do!

btw, saw a great deborah harry and chris stein photo in the new annie leibowitz book called something like AMERICAN MUSIC today...
Here's a link to this book: http://tinyurl.com/65t4p

The "American Music" photo exhibition opened at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame:
http://www.filmmakers.com/news/music/article_141.shtml

And here are some images from that exhibition, which travelled to other locations:
http://www.houkgallery.com/leibovitz-music/leibovitz1.html
http://www.houkgallery.com/leibovitz-music/leibovitz2.html

...(perhaps it's in your blondie book too.)  other wonderful photos in there, of course.   no slits or raincoats, though...
For those who may be interested, my Blondie book contains a photo of Viv Albertine (along with Chrissie Hynde and Debbie Harry) on p. 114, and Debbie Harry makes reference to Ari Upp (I've seen various spellings) on p. 234.

And both the Slits and the Raincoats are given some ink in the main texts for the online "Punk Culture" and "Women in Popular Music" courses I teach. (I also offer an online "Rock and Roll: An Overview" course).

Allan Metz, Editor
Blondie, From Punk to the Present: A Pictorial History
http://www.blondiebook.com