typicalgirls - Re: [TypicalGirls] MEDIUM MEDIUM IN NYC

typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)

  • From: WWWhatsup <joly AT dti.net>
  • To: TypicalGirls AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [TypicalGirls] MEDIUM MEDIUM IN NYC
  • Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2004 15:10:35 -0400

well they did intimate at the nyc show that it was their second show,
so philly must have been the first

the singer/sax guy kept making dry jokes about their venerability

place not as full as i might have imagined

tight band sounded remarkably contemporary postpunk at times, at others
went off into funk jazz

got it good on vid, added to my humongous pile of stuff awaiting editing

joly