typicalgirls - Re: [TypicalGirls] Women in Glam/Glitter Scene?

typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)

  • From: Larry-bob Roberts <larrybob AT io.com>
  • To: <typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [TypicalGirls] Women in Glam/Glitter Scene?
  • Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2004 12:14:51 -0700

Check out this page on Glam Rock Bear's website.
http://hometown.aol.co.uk/glamrockbear/page5.html

With the recent interest in "junk shop glam" (I suggest getting the Velvet
Tinmine compilation -- there are others as well which I haven't heard yet)
there are some interesting people from this era coming to light.

Zenda Jacks is one of these people (her stuff hasn't appeared on the
compilations, though)... She had a single called "Rub my tummy" which I
still haven't heard in its entierty... There is a sample at this webpage:
http://surf.to/zendajacks

Larry-bob
larrybob AT io.com