typicalgirls - [TypicalGirls] Homosexuals in London 15.4.04

typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)

  • From: Chuck Warner <chuck AT hyped2death.com>
  • To: typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [TypicalGirls] Homosexuals in London 15.4.04
  • Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2004 22:52:37 -0400

Title: Homosexuals in London 15.4.04
Here's a belated call for TG folks who want to be on the guest-list for the Homosexuals gig/launch April 15 in London.  It's Bruno with a parade of guest stars and Suzy, too.  Just let me know if 25 words or less why you deserve to be there ;o)

I can't guarantee that I can swing it, but I will be able to let you know if you're on the list or not before I leave town next Tuesday.  The 3CD is still due in early May: mastering is being done now, booklet's at the printers and I'm deeper and deeper in debt...

Please contact me off-line about the show, okay?

Here are the bare details

Thursday April 15, 2004 The Cobden Club in London is hosting a press-party for The Homosexuals "Astral Glamour" 3CD set (3 glorious hours of their complete works on Messthetics/hyped2death.com street date May 15 though maybe sooner?!) in conjunction with an exhibit of Suzy Vida's paintings on the first floor.  Upstairs will be original photos and video, all the music, and a live performance featuring at least 2/4 of the band (Bruno and Suzy, the John-and-Yoko of the group).  Plans call for a dozen faithful versions of the classics, then an extended set that's truer to the band's mania for innovation and deconstruction... Guest-stars galore (and Poli Styrene's daughter Celeste on backing vocals -Bruno produced her mom in the late 80s, and the Rejects, the pre-Homosexuals punk-band, played with XRay Spex in '77])

I may not have finished product in hand in time but I will have preview CDs including the full 32-page colour booklet...

Please note that the Cobden's is a private club, so admission is by invite or guest-list only. Please contact me to get in: chuck AT hyped2death.com

--C.

  • [TypicalGirls] Homosexuals in London 15.4.04, Chuck Warner, 04/07/2004