stayfree - New issue of Stay F---! ships on Monday

stayfree AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Free, promotional email list for Stay Free! print magazine

  • From: Carrie McLaren <stay.free AT verizon.net>
  • To: stayfree AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: New issue of Stay F---! ships on Monday
  • Date: Fri, 06 May 2005 16:37:04 -0400

Hello,

If you are not yet a subscriber to Stay F---!, now would be a good time to pony up. Why? Because we've got a swell new issue we're preparing for mail out this weekend.

Issue #24 includes:

* Bill, the founder of flash mobs, looks back on his legacy
* How stadiums turn public money into corporate profit (interviews with Andrew Zimbalist and Neil deMause)
* A brief history of McDonald's commercials
* Restaurant reviews by Eugene Mirman
* The Federation of Black Cowboys
* Negativland's Mark Hosler interviews a man who makes robots for Christian theme parks
* Interview with Jeffrey Meikle, on the cultural history of plastic
* Carrie McLaren on the advertising and the idiot consumer (historically)
* Lots more!

Subscribers start at $6.95 and go up from there. Info at:
http://www.stayfreemagazine.org/order.html

(We accept mail orders, too; send checks or money orders to us at 390 Butler Street, #3, Brooklyn, NY 11217.)

Cheap!
Good!
Stay Free!

  • New issue of Stay F---! ships on Monday, Carrie McLaren, 05/06/2005