sm-users - Re: [SM-Users] texlive vs. tetex

sm-users AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Sourcemage Users List

  • From: "Andraž 'ruskie' Levstik" <ruskie AT mages.ath.cx>
  • To: <sm-users AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Users] texlive vs. tetex
  • Date: Thu, 05 Jul 2007 21:33:29 +0200

On 20:49:36 2007-07-05 "Javier Vasquez" <jevv.cr AT gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've noticed tetex is a dependancy for several other spells, specially
> documentation ones (mostly optional I believe). I checked in both
> grimoires, test and stable, and got the impression that both are using
> "tetex", the non supported anymore one (for more than a year now):

Belive it or not we actually do try to keep track of it...

> I think instead tex-live should be used:
>
> http://www.tug.org/texlive
>
> Has any one looked into this already? Is there any
> discussion/documentation about this?

And yes people have been looking into the various stuff...

But there is no reason to really bother about it as tex rarely get's any
commits/releases. Not to mention any bugs that would require constant
upgrades... The one thing that I'm interested in myself is a way to split
all the TeX spells into their own small parts so that users can get more of
a choice of what bits and pieces to install... But it's a PITA the last
time I tried doing that...

Also TeXlive is primarily distributed as an ISO that should be just burned
to dvd/cd and used like that...

--
Andraž "ruskie" Levstik
Geek/Hacker/Tinker

Hacker FAQ: http://www.plethora.net/%7eseebs/faqs/hacker.html
Be sure brain is in gear before engaging mouth.

Key id = F4C1F89C
Key fingerprint = 6FF2 8F20 4C9D DB36 B5B6 F134 884D 72CC F4C1 F89C