sm-users - [SM-Users] texlive vs. tetex

sm-users AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Sourcemage Users List

  • From: "Javier Vasquez" <jevv.cr AT gmail.com>
  • To: sm-users AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [SM-Users] texlive vs. tetex
  • Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2007 12:49:36 -0600

Hi,

I've noticed tetex is a dependancy for several other spells, specially
documentation ones (mostly optional I believe). I checked in both
grimoires, test and stable, and got the impression that both are using
"tetex", the non supported anymore one (for more than a year now):

http://www.tug.org/tetex/
"De-support notice
I (Thomas Esser) have decided not to make new releases of teTeX any
more (May 2006). The information below might get out of date as time
goes by. I suggest anybody interested in teTeX to join the TeX Live
project."

I think instead tex-live should be used:

http://www.tug.org/texlive

I don't know if the move could be transparent (I'm not a latex user),
however at least only one of the 2 should be present I think. The
major work could even be dependencies, since as I stated initially
I've noticed several dependencies.

Has any one looked into this already? Is there any
discussion/documentation about this?

Thanks,

--
Javier