sm-users - Re: [SM-Users] mcdp spell?

sm-users AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Sourcemage Users List

  • From: "Javier Vasquez" <jevv.cr AT gmail.com>
  • To: sm-users AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Users] mcdp spell?
  • Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2007 09:10:48 -0600

On 4/28/07, Jeremy Blosser <jblosser-smgl AT firinn.org> wrote:
On Apr 28, Javier Vasquez [jevv.cr AT gmail.com] wrote:
> On 4/28/07, Eric Sandall <eric AT sandall.us> wrote:
> >Juuso Alasuutari wrote:
> ><snip>
> >> Are you sure? I've had the impression that $SPELL_DIRECTORY is
> >> deprecated in favor of $SCRIPT_DIRECTORY. Can anyone confirm which way
> >> it is?
> >
> >IIRC SCRIPT_DIRECTORY is what we are supposed to use. Looking at
> >https://lists.ibiblio.org/sympa/arc/sm-commit/2006-August/005613.html
> >shows Sorcery using SCRIPT_DIRECTORY instead of SPELL_DIRECTORY.
> >
> >- -sandalle
>
> Thanks a lot to all. I could make the spell work with one caveat
> though. I couldn't make INSTALL work, not by using "make install",
> neither by using "cp ..." instructions directly.

Probably your local grimoire doesn't have API 2 as the default; API 1
didn't use an INSTALL file, so unless the spell/section/grimoire is set to
API 2, sorcery won't run a given INSTALL file.

Also make sure any spell files are executable; if they aren't, it's like
they aren't there from sorcery's perspective.