sm-users - Re: [SM-Users] "sorcery update" web-site ON SALE?

sm-users AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Sourcemage Users List

  • From: Eric Sandall <eric AT sandall.us>
  • To: sm-users AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Users] "sorcery update" web-site ON SALE?
  • Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2006 08:34:57 -0800

On Thu, 2006-12-21 at 11:05 -0500, arnuld wrote:
> i installed SMGL & when i tried to do:
>
> "sorcery update"
>
> it started to connect to "1.0.0.0" :-( & of course it never conencted.
> i dont know why it is picking up the wrong IP address.
>
> any ideas on solving this problem?

Can you ping download.sourcemage.org? What IP does ping give you? Can
another machine connect to download.sourcemage.org?

> but at this FAQ link i see something even more strange:
>
> http://sourcemage.org/node/1251

> Ques: When I run sorcery update, it errors out saying it cant find the
> files?
>
> Ans: You're probably still trying to access the old grimoire. Here's
> what you need to do:
> To use the grimoire as it stands now, edit
> /var/lib/sorcery/grimoire/utils/sorcery/DETAILS
> and change the SOURCE_URL[0] line to read
>
> SOURCE_URL[0]=http://sgl.bccs.net/sorcery/$SOURCE
>
> All fixed! Note that some people have mentioned that the path is not
> /var/lib/sorcery/grimoire/utils/sorcery/ but
> /var/lib/sorcery/grimoire/utils/sgl/ - so if you can't find the first
> one, try the second one.
> -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> when i opened the given web-address in Firefox
> "http://sgl.bccs.net/sorcery/";, i get a message: "This web-site is for
> sale"
>
> what is this?
>
> -- arnuld

That's from a long time ago when Sorcerer GNU/Linux had issues and
became Source Mage GNU/Linux. We should probably remove that FAQ
entry. ;)

-sandalle

http://eric.sandall.us/ | SysAdmin @ Shock Physics @ WSU