sm-users - [SM-Users] xdirectfb errors out and I don't know how to fix it

sm-users AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Sourcemage Users List

  • From: "Ken McLennan" <kenrmcl AT dnet.net.au>
  • To: "Source Mage Users" <sm-users AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [SM-Users] xdirectfb errors out and I don't know how to fix it
  • Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2006 21:43:26 +1000

G'day there One & All,

I recently installed SMGL again (I had it up & running a couple of
years ago. Dunno why I deleted it, I had it working a like a charm). It looks
like there's been quite a bit of work going on while I was away. Very simple,
very professional looking install. All worked well for me, and all my
hardware appears to have been detected without problem. Now it's up to me to
get things working the way I want them, and that's where problems will arise
=).

Be that as it may, I've struck a hurdle trying to cast xdirectfb.
Actually, I was casting Openbox but this was the X server I chose. Anyway,
you get the idea. As I only have diallup, with a 3 hour connect limit, I've
been doing this in several sessions. The spell has downloaded 7 archives of
source for xdirectfb but when it tries to compile, all is fine for
aaaaaaaages with screen after screen of "stuff", until it all comes to a
grinding halt with the following:

make[4]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/xc.bld/programs/Xserver/fb'
making all in programs/Xserver/hw/directfb...
make[4]: Entering directory `/usr/src/xc.bld/programs/Xserver/hw/directfb'
rm -f directfbCursor.o
gcc -m32 -c -O -march=i686 -pipe -DPIC -fPIC -O -march=i686 -pipe -DPIC -fPIC
-I.
-I../../../../programs/Xserver/mi
-I../../../../programs/Xserver/fb
-I../../../../include/extensions
-I../../../../programs/Xserver/Xext
-I../../../../programs/Xserver/render
-I../../../../programs/Xserver/include
-I../../../../exports/include/X11
-I../../../../programs/Xserver/os
-I../../../../exports/include
-I../../../../include/fonts `directfb-config --cflags`
-I../../../..
-I../../../../exports/include

-Dlinux
-D__i386__
-D_POSIX_C_SOURCE=199309L
-D_POSIX_SOURCE
-D_XOPEN_SOURCE
-D_BSD_SOURCE
-D_SVID_SOURCE
-D_GNU_SOURCE
-DSHAPE
-DXKB
-DLBX
-DXAPPGROUP
-DXCSECURITY
-DTOGCUP
-DDPMSExtension
-DPIXPRIV
-DPANORAMIX
-DRENDER
-DRANDR
-DGCCUSESGAS
-DAVOID_GLYPHBLT
-DPIXPRIV
-DSINGLEDEPTH
-DXFreeXDGA
-DXvExtension
-DDIRECTFBSERVER
-DXvMCExtension
-DSMART_SCHEDULE
-DX_BYTE_ORDER=X_LITTLE_ENDIAN
-DNDEBUG
-DFUNCPROTO=15
-DNARROWPROTO
-Wall
directfbCursor.c
directfbCursor.c: In function `MakeCursorSurface':
directfbCursor.c:84: error: parse error before string constant
directfbCursor.c:91: error: parse error before string constant
directfbCursor.c: In function `XDirectFBInitCursor':
directfbCursor.c:481: warning: use of cast expressions as lvalues is
deprecated

! PROBLEM DETECTED !

make[4]: *** [directfbCursor.o] Error 1
make[4]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/xc.bld/programs/Xserver/hw/directfb'
make[3]: *** [hw/directfb] Error 2
make[3]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/xc.bld/programs/Xserver'
make[2]: *** [all] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/xc.bld/programs'
make[1]: *** [all] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/xc.bld'
make: *** [all] Error 2

I've prettied it up a bit, but regardless of that I haven't got the
foggiest idea of what I'm looking at and don't know how to approach getting
it all to work. If anybody knows what's going on and can point me at
something useful I'll be quite grateful.

Good to see that SMGL is still going strong.

See ya
Ken McLennan
Qld Australia