sm-users - Re: [SM-Users] XFCE4 icons

sm-users AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Sourcemage Users List

  • From: Jackson Alley <jacksonalley AT gmail.com>
  • To: Jackson Alley <jacksonalley AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: SourceMage Users <sm-users AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Users] XFCE4 icons
  • Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2006 09:37:56 -0500

I'm following up on my own email here, but I get the same generic X app
icon in KDE as I did in XFCE4 for Firefox. I've changed the
/usr/share/applications/firefox.desktop to reflect the icon I wish it to
use (/usr/share/icons/firefox.png). However, none of this has changed
the taskbar icon for the running instance of firefox. Oddly Thunderbird
does not have the same issue, when I launch thunderbird, it has a nice
mail icon in the taskbar, even Liferea, OpenOffice2 and every other app
I've launched seems to get its appropriate icon. I just don't know how
they are set. Anyone else have any ideas? Are other people not having
the same issue?
Jackson