sm-users - Re: [SM-Users] Kernel, packages?

sm-users AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Sourcemage Users List

  • From: "Jeremy Blosser (emrys)" <jblosser-smgl AT firinn.org>
  • To: sm-users AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Users] Kernel, packages?
  • Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2005 14:08:58 -0500

On Aug 17, Eric Sandall [eric AT sandall.us] wrote:
> On Wed, 17 Aug 2005, Paul Hoy wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I'm currently using Gentoo (which I generally do not enjoy because of
> > its obtrusive package manager), and I want to change. Can someone
> > provide some general information about sourcemage, for instance, which
> > kernel it supports at the moment, which version of gnome is it using,
> > and any other helpful package information?
> >
> > I was unable to locate any of this information on the Web site. If I
> > missed it, perhaps someone can point me to it.
>
> Our current linux package lets you choose which kernel you want, which
> patches you want, how you want it updated, and if it should update
> your bootloader for you. The kernel currently has options for kernels

You forgot "and which template it should use if it does update the
bootloader for you". ;) One of my favorite features given the weirdness
of how some laptops want to boot.

> http://www.sourcemage.org/faq-sample_cast

I'm planning to add samples for a kernel cast, common gaze operations, and
some cleanse stuff. If you have other stuff you think would be useful to
show people, let me know.