sm-users - Re: [SM-Users] strange make targets: tetex

sm-users AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Sourcemage Users List

  • From: Pierre Abbat <phma AT phma.hn.org>
  • To: sm-users AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Users] strange make targets: tetex
  • Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2004 21:46:19 -0500

On Wednesday 03 November 2004 21:14, Andrew wrote:
> You should also remove sysvinit as its not supported and recompile
> chrony without it.

sysvinit is not a dependency of chrony; if sorcery says it is, it's a bug.
Here's the DEPENDS file:

depends psmisc
#psmisc contains killall
depends texinfo
optional_depends "readline" "" "" "Hit up-arrow and get the previous command"

I have deleted the chrony spell I originally wrote, before the change to
simpleinit; it exists only as a tarball. I recast chrony after switching to
simpleinit. I had to upgrade chrony, as I'm now running Linux 2.6 and chrony
1.19 doesn't work with it.

> Its generally a good idea to cast all of the things you need to cast
> at once or else the depends tree will still have the holes in it...
> Especially with something like cups that depends on darn near everything.

I don't have the time to cast everything at once. I get home tired from work,
and it takes me two hours to get to work so I barely have time to buy food,
cook food (I have to cook breakfast and lunch before leaving), and sleep. I
take a nap on Saturday and even on Sunday I don't feel like hacking the
computer. I don't trust sorcery to do the right thing unattended and wouldn't
have the time to fix it if it messed up. It was pretty hairy getting
simpleinit working.

> Of course Im having a hard time understanding how you can cast just
> coreutils and have that problem since it has no formal dependencies,
> make shouldnt notice theres a problem, oh well.
>
> Also, like I said use test sorcery since it doesnt complain about
> missing dependencies. If you /really/ just dont want to use test
> sorcery wait about 3 days and then update to stable sorcery 1.11.1.

How do I get test sorcery? I can't get it with p4.

phma
--
li ze te'a ci vu'u ci bi'e te'a mu du
li ci su'i ze te'a mu bi'e vu'u ci