sm-users - Re: [SM-Users] strange make targets: tetex

sm-users AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Sourcemage Users List

  • From: Andrew <afrayedknot AT thefrayedknot.armory.com>
  • To: Pierre Abbat <phma AT phma.hn.org>
  • Cc: sm-users AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Users] strange make targets: tetex
  • Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2004 18:14:49 -0800

On Wed, Nov 03, 2004 at 08:46:07PM -0500, Pierre Abbat wrote:
> On Friday 10 September 2004 12:49, Andrew wrote:
> > There are two errors, the first one about circular depends is fine,
> > the second one about no rule to make target is important.
> > It means your depends tree is holey, for example sorcery thinks that
> > kdebase depends on lame, and lame is not installed. The reason this
> > matters is sorcery tries to fully order depends so things cast in a
> > better order, but make is annoyed that it cant quite do that. Since you
> > recently updated sorcery you need to run "cleanse" I recommend running
> > the following:
> >
> > cleanse --packages
> > cleanse --delint
> > cleanse --prune doit
> >
> > The folks on irc can help you through, alternatively i "fixed" test/devel
> > sorcery to be less strict about holes, but you end up losing the full
> > ordering which can cause some massive headaches during upgrade when the
> > depends ordering falls apart and things cast in the wrong order :)
>
> I did that without "doit", then cast what I could, and I still have
> problems.
> Here's what happens when I try to cast cups:

I suppose you could file a bug for the tetex problem. The problem isnt
that make install fails, its that the spell is trying to install a file to
/etc/profile.d which for some strange reason isnt a directory in your box.
Thats kind of a standard thing that afaik is assumed to be there...

You should also remove sysvinit as its not supported and recompile
chrony without it.

Its generally a good idea to cast all of the things you need to cast
at once or else the depends tree will still have the holes in it...
Especially with something like cups that depends on darn near everything.

Of course Im having a hard time understanding how you can cast just
coreutils and have that problem since it has no formal dependencies,
make shouldnt notice theres a problem, oh well.

Also, like I said use test sorcery since it doesnt complain about
missing dependencies. If you /really/ just dont want to use test
sorcery wait about 3 days and then update to stable sorcery 1.11.1.

-Andrew