sm-users - Re: [SM-Users] Init process

sm-users AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Sourcemage Users List

  • From: "Robert Helgesson" <rycee AT home.se>
  • To: sm-users AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Users] Init process
  • Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2004 19:27:58 +0100

On Tue, Feb 24, 2004 at 19:09:01 +0100, Ladislav Hagara wrote:
> > I tried adding 'PROVIDES=pcmcia' in the pcmcia script and
> > 'REQUIRES=pcmcia' in the network script, but that did not work (I did
> > that manual in a text editor - don't know if that makes a difference).
>
> 'PROVIDES=pcmcia' and 'NEEDS="+pcmcia"'
>
> Have a nice ...

It seems to me like the pcmcia script doesn't really have to be in
runlevel 3, it doesn't use anything from usr and doesn't access the
network. Maybe it should be installed to runlevel 2 instead?

Oh and you should only have to add NEEDS=pcmcia to the network init
script to make the pcmcia script start first.

--
/ Robert Helgesson |-- rycee AT home.se --\
\-- GPG Key ID: 41E95A5B --| http://www.rycee.cx/ /