sm-users - [SM-Users] Init process

sm-users AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Sourcemage Users List

  • From: Steve Mallory <smallory AT jbs1.com>
  • To: sm-users AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [SM-Users] Init process
  • Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2004 13:07:38 -0500

Hello,

I recently installed smgl and have run into a small problem. My network is not starting up properly. I can see that the network script reports success, but the interface is not actually brought up.

My interface is a pcmcia wlan card. I can see that both pcmcia and network get started in runlevel 3, but don't have a good grip on how to specify that pcmcia should run first (to create the interface), then network.

I tried adding 'PROVIDES=pcmcia' in the pcmcia script and 'REQUIRES=pcmcia' in the network script, but that did not work (I did that manual in a text editor - don't know if that makes a difference).

Once I log in 'ifup eth0' brings the interface right up.

Any ideas?

Thanks - steve