sm-users - Re: [SM-Users] Where are ya at?

sm-users AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Sourcemage Users List

  • From: Mads Laursen <dossen+sgl AT daimi.au.dk>
  • To: SourceMage Users List <sm-users AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Users] Where are ya at?
  • Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2004 18:28:11 +0100

On 29/01/04 17.51, Ondra Tomecka wrote:
> On Thu, 29 Jan 2004, Eric Sandall wrote:
>
> > Quoting Robert Helgesson <rycee AT home.se>:
> > > Howdy,
> > >
> > > I felt a bit curious about where Source Mage developers and users are in
> > > the world so I set up the following wiki page which contains marker
> > > entries for the Xplanet program. It's quite cool.
> > >
> > > http://wiki.sourcemage.org/index.php?page=XplanetMarkers
> >
> > I've added myself as well. ;) Think we could modify the XPlanet spell to
> > automatcially add the information from that page to a global XPlanet
> > config
> > file? (I've never used XPlanet, but I could probably do it given time).
> >

> Sounds like good idea ;-)
> I'm going to give this XPlanet stuff a try, so I can try to tweak adding
> this info. I'm not promising it though, at least not till next week ;-)
> Going to have some fun in Czech hills ;-)

Something like this might do it:
wget -O - -o /dev/null
'http://wiki.sourcemage.org/index.php?page=XplanetMarkers'|grep '^<tt>'|tail
+2|perl -pe 's{</?tt>}{}g; s{<br />}{}; s{<a href=".*?</a>}{}'

That outputs the plaintext of the table only.

Maybe it should be a seperate spell, optional denendancy to Xplanet
(and I think xearth can also do it), saved to a seperate marker file
somewhere? Maybe something like /usr/share/Xplanet-markers/? Maybe
there could even be other markers, like objects in the sky, and
different places of interest?

Just my $SMALL_AMOUNT_OF_CURRENCY

/dossen
--
Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen.
-- Albert Einstein