sm-users - [SM-Users] Networking Problem

sm-users AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Sourcemage Users List

  • From: Michael Emperador <mike.emperador AT nextfocus.com>
  • To: sm-users AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [SM-Users] Networking Problem
  • Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 00:17:53 -0800

This is my first post, and my first install of SM. I installed ISO 0.8.0. I was able to work around the simpleinit-msb bug, but ran into a problem after a sorcery rebuild. Everything completed without a problem, until I rebooted the machine.

First, mountall.sh couldn't find /etc/sysconfig/devices file. I created one, and was able to eliminate that boot error. I did the same for keymap, and I was able to boot into a login. However, now I can't get networking up. When I start network, I get a dhcpcd error, so I gave eth0 a static ip. Reran network, ensured routes were fine, and edited my resolv.conf file. When I try to ping out, I get a:

eth0: Transmit Error, TX status register 90.

along with a 15 line error output. The card had worked fine prior to reboot, so I tested on another machine and all is fine with the card.

Any ideas?

Mike