sm-users - [SM-Users] Server Upgrade . . .

sm-users AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Sourcemage Users List

  • From: Jason Flatt <jason AT flattfamily.com>
  • To: sm-users AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [SM-Users] Server Upgrade . . .
  • Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2003 22:22:12 -0800

I have a SMGL server that has not had an update done to it for almost 1.5 yrs
(just before sorcery 0.8 was released). I have been meaning to update the
server and get it current again, but time and location restraints have kept
me from doing so.

I am tired of trying to keep it going on the old system and I am wondering if
it would be possible to take a current ISO (0.7.1) and just install it on top
of the existing system w/o wiping the hard drive? I know there will be quite
a bit of updating of spells and possibly reconfiguring some already setup
software. Will it be less painful to try to do it that way, or to do a fresh
install and reconfigure everything and copy date?

--
Jason Flatt (jason @ flattfamily . com)
Father of five (http://www.flattfamily.com/)

  • [SM-Users] Server Upgrade . . ., Jason Flatt, 12/19/2003