sm-users - Re: [SM-Users] smgl and vmware

sm-users AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Sourcemage Users List

  • From: Ondra Tomecka <otom7630 AT lucy.troja.mff.cuni.cz>
  • To: sm-users AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Users] smgl and vmware
  • Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2003 09:24:13 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

I was successfully running SMGL under vmware 3.x, however, not in Win but
in Linux environment. But I don't think that's much a difference. Most
important thing is to use IDE disk for booting and not SCSI which is
default setting. And I recall I had trouble trying to make it work when
trying booting from other disk than primary master (in vmware). I was just
trying what is it capable to do ;-). Also you have to change defult lilo
configuration to put bootsector to /dev/hda (or
/devices/ide/host0/bus0/target0/lun0/disc) instead of your /boot parition,
otherwise it simply won't boot. The same is of course true for real system
if you don't have dualboot with different boot manager in MBR ;-). After
upgrading to 4.x it worked just fine and when I tried it on WinXP Pro box
I use for gaming, the installation went fine as well. Well, I made it on
the second try as the first time I forgot to switch disk to IDE ;-)

Hope this helps

Andy