sm-users - [SM-Users] smgl and vmware

sm-users AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Sourcemage Users List

  • From: "Tom Large" <tlarge AT direwolfe.org>
  • To: <sm-users AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: [SM-Users] smgl and vmware
  • Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 15:26:13 -0500 (CDT)

Greetings everybody!

Has anyone had any luck running smgl inside a vmware guest OS? In my case
the host OS is Windows XP Pro. The install fails while trying to partition
the hard disk. When I shell out to use any of the three (cfdisk, fdisk,
parted) I can see the disk (/dev/hdc), but it's read only. I'm running
vmware 3.x--don't have US$100 for the 4.x upgrade. Also, I've tried this
with the smgl-0.6-i386.iso and smgl-0.7-pre2-i386.iso images.

To this point I've checked permissions on the virtual disk file, tried
various guest OS settings and mucked around with the persistency of the
disk. I even aliased it as SCSI, all to no avail.

Any thoughts?

/disoray|Tom Large/