sm-users - Re: [SM-Users] Xfree86 spell change

sm-users AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Sourcemage Users List

  • From: "Sergey A. Lipnevich" <sergey AT optimaltec.com>
  • To: Hamish Greig <hgreig AT bigpond.net.au>
  • Cc: sm-users AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Users] Xfree86 spell change
  • Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2003 10:08:22 -0400

Cool :-)! You should see a commercial of New York Lotto to know how to coolly pronounce this word. The guy in the commercial does it really good. This is great stuff. I saw you now can choose if freetype2 is built by X, right? Since it's more up to date in X than in freetype2 spell, what would be the best way for spells depending on freetype2 (the spell) to take advantage of this?
Thanks!

Hamish Greig wrote:
the xfree86 spell is being forked and reincarnated.
xfree86 will revert to 4.3.0.1 the last stable release and all the bleeding
edge band-aid brigade can use xfree86-devel which is getting upped to
4.3.99.12
There were a few spells in the grimoire that explicitly depended on xfree86.
The now require x11-libs as we have 4 providers for x11-libs and 3 for
x11-server (xfree86-libs, xfree86, xfree86-devel and xdirectfb)
Nearly every spell that relied on xfree86 should now build with xfree86-libs
alone. There will be some minor depends bugs but nothing for anyone to have a
cow over.
A few still have optional depends for xfree86 but as soon as some spells
"provides" are fixed sorcery will be updated to handle "optional_requires".
Hamish