sm-users - [SM-Users] MAJOR WARNING: do NOT use xfce!!!!

sm-users AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Sourcemage Users List

  • From: kalldrexx AT shackmail.com
  • To: sm-users AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [SM-Users] MAJOR WARNING: do NOT use xfce!!!!
  • Date: Sun, 06 Jul 2003 16:28:44 +0000

THIS IS YOUR ONLY WARNING!

I am trying to find out what triggered this but I am extremely pissed off at
the moment as I have lost a lot of work because of an xfce bug!

What happened was I went into the file manager and I tried deleteing an old
tar.gz file I didn need. Next thing I know the file manager is frozen for a
while. I open up another window and get a gtk error that it canĀ“t connect to
the X server. Finally the file manager refreshes and there is nothing... yes
NOTHING left in my home directory except for a .xfce directory. It deleted
EVERYTHING in my home directory, .xinitrc, my Projects directory, .gaim/
directory, .Point2Play/, my music directory... etc... you get the picture.
Because this bug was from deleting one file in that directory this means that
most likely it can effect other directories, and if you are root this can be
even more devestating.

--KallDrexx

  • [SM-Users] MAJOR WARNING: do NOT use xfce!!!!, kalldrexx, 07/06/2003