sm-users - Re: [SM-Users] Can't get any web browser to work.

sm-users AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Sourcemage Users List

  • From: kalldrexx AT shackmail.com
  • To: sm-users AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Users] Can't get any web browser to work.
  • Date: Sat, 05 Jul 2003 19:37:05 +0000

Well moving .opera worked for the first time, but it kept segfaulting after I closed it then tried to open it again, untill I deleted teh .opera again.. vicious cycle. I manully upgraded to Opera 7 by downloadign their tar.gz and so far it has been working good but I'll keep you guys posted. I don't use gnome nor kde nor do I feel like compiling their libs as they take forever, hopefully Opera 7 will work good but we shall see. --KallDrexx > -----Original Message----- > From: Andrew [mailto:afrayedknot AT thefrayedknot.armory.com] > Sent: Saturday, July 5, 2003 04:15 PM > To: sm-users AT lists.ibiblio.org > Subject: Re: [SM-Users] Can't get any web browser to work. > > On Sat, Jul 05, 2003 at 04:04:03PM +0000, kalldrexx AT shackmail.com wrote: > > I've been using opera for the past few months (cause I couldn't get libIDL to download for mozilla). It's been working great but suddenly as of 2 days ago it won't load, it just seg faults right away. I changed mirrors about 20 times untill libIDL could download and compiled mozilla twice! When I run mozilla it loads the window, I see it say "connecting to www.mozilla.org" but ti's frozen for about a second then it just closes without any error message. Anyone have any ideas I need a web browser in linux :( > > > > opera is buggy like that, try moving all your user specific opera files > out of the way (mv .opera .opera.old) then reloading it. Im pretty sure > that will do it. I had the same problem and i just had to mess with it > until it worked. Sometimes using alternative versions works too... *shrug* > > As far as other browsers go, if you use gnome go for galeon, or > konquerer if you use kde. kde. You technically dont need to _use_ > either kde or gnome, but you have to basically install all of them to use > galeon or konquerer. Also, if you dont care about frills dillo works pretty > well in a pinch. > _______________________________________________ > SM-Users mailing list > SM-Users AT lists.ibiblio.org > http://lists.ibiblio.org/mailman/listinfo/sm-users >