sm-users - Re: [SM-Users] Install weirdness

sm-users AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Sourcemage Users List

  • From: "Sergey A. Lipnevich" <sergey AT optimaltec.com>
  • To: Jonathan Kelly <jonkelly AT inspired.net.au>
  • Cc: sm-users AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Users] Install weirdness
  • Date: Tue, 01 Jul 2003 00:17:32 -0400

Jonathan Kelly wrote:

That probably means that the ISO contains bad sorcery code which shows up with kernel 2.4. We probably have to instruct people to set up networking right after reboot and upgrade to the latest sorcery right away before rebuilding.

Perhaps HERE might be a good place to add a hint as to how to do that
("upgrade to latest sorcery") or is that a secret too? (Sorry, I'm in
frustration-induced-sarcasm mode)

You've heard it already: `sorcery update' ran as root. Good luck!

Sergey.

  • Re: [SM-Users] Install weirdness, Sergey A. Lipnevich, 07/01/2003